Join You Jin for a talk about how to navigate the various challenges of publishing in China. Based on her vast experience publishing in the Mainland from 1989 to the present, You Jin will offer tips on adapting content and language, as well as addressing practical issues associated with rights, royalties, and contracts.
Topics to be covered:
- Introduction of You Jin’s works published in China from 1989 to 2019
- Selection of content and usage of words
- Things to be aware of when signing a contract: Royalties, Limited Years, Usage rights, etc.
- The possibility of publishing the same work with different publishers.
- Things to be aware of when publishing an anthology.
- Launching new books in China.
- Desired learning outcomes: Participants will gain insight into how to navigate the Chinese publishing market.
- Who should attend: Writers and translators who are aiming to break into the Chinese market.
About the Speaker: You Jin
尤今是一位屡获殊荣的新加坡华文作家。她迄今已经 出版了190多部文学作品，其中98部已在大中华地区（中国大陆，台湾，香港）出版，中国出版界曾以 “尤今热”这个词语来形容她受欢迎的程度。她的创作包括小说、散文、小品文和游记。
You Jin is an award-winning Singaporean Chinese language writer. She is the author of over 190 literary works, 98 of which have been published in Greater China (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong), where she is so popular her fans coined the term ‘You Jin fever.’ Her literary works include short stories, novels, travelogues, and essays.
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.
Register for “Adapting For The International Chinese Market”