Whether you are interested in writing poetry, screenplays, or popular fiction, this workshop aims to expand your powers of observation, imagination, and language.
In this one day creative writing workshop, we will focus on developing skills through theme based activities which help boost writer’s confidence in their ability to write and express themselves in words.
Part One - Creative Writing Introduction
- What is creative writing?
- Do I need to be creative to write fiction?
- How to nurture your creative writing
- Safety of sharing your ideas
- What are the possibilities?
Part Two - Idea Development
- Where do you get ideas for fiction writing
- How do you develop an idea once you have it
- Outlining and journaling
- Do I have what it takes to write a book, a play, a poem?
Part Three - Working on your creativity
- Exercises to enhance your creative skills
- Creating a creative environment
- Creating a creative network
Part Four - Group writing activity
- Group activity
Part Five - Tools to help with Creative writing
- Online programmes for script writing and fiction writing
- Websites for writers
- CD with sample software and documents
About the trainer:
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.