The virtual world is a very big place, filled with very large clouds, webs, tubes, logs, book faces, tiny birds, wireless signals, kittens, luncheon meat, spiders, worms and other creepy crawlies. Getting noticed in this strange world can be quite a challenge but making use of the digital medium can bring about great insights!. Join us to learn a little more and get involved with the weird and wonderful process of going digital.
Wendy Wong, Creative Director of Tusitala and reluctant technophile, walks you through the possibilities of engaging readers through good interactive design.
Together with Saad Chinoy, Chief Geek of Tusitala and caffeine freak who will show you the various technical gadgets, gizmos, tools, tips & tricks and how to use them to go beyond the limitations of traditional print publishing.
This will be a hands-on workshop at an introductory and intermediate level that involves demos and the use of eBook development tools. Active participation, sharing of ideas and interdisciplinary collaboration is recommended. Please bring your laptop for the workshop.
- How thinking digitally changes the nature of storytelling in strange and wonderful ways.
- How we consume content online very differently than we used to, in Asia and elsewhere.
- How to create an eBook using iBooks Author and Calibre and use tech tools to tell your stories in new and engaging ways.
- How forming collaborations are part of the going digital storytelling process.
- How to get your eBook into the digital world, leveraging the Asian region and distributing it globally.
- How creating an eBook is just the beginning of the process and marketing your eBook is just as important if not more
About the Trainer:
Minimum – Maximum Number of Participants: 10 – 30 pax
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.