This workshop is targeted at parents and teachers working with children (aged 6 - 10 years) with dyslexia and reading-related difficulties. Dyslexia can have profound effects on children's reading skills, writing skills and sometimes speaking skills. In this workshop, we will be exploring the effects dyslexia has on a child's ability to understand text in a reading comprehension passage and the methods to approach a reading comprehension passage. It is essential for parents and teachers to know how dyslexia works and how they could encourage and guide children to improve their reading skills. There will be hands-on exercises, group discussions and a Q & A session. Reading passages and graded word lists will be provided to participants to help them better understand dyslexia and how to help children with dyslexia.
- To understand the different reader profiles
- To identify dyslexia and its effects on children to read and speall
- To look into the different reading routes and how they affect the way a child with dyslexia reads
- To learn and use different strategies to help children with dyslexia to read and comprehend text/passages in a reading comprehension
- To choose appropriate books for children with dyslexia
- To create passages for structured reading comprehension
- To be informed of varied resources for teachers and parents of children with dyslexia
About the trainer:
Minimum – Maximum Number of Participants: 15 – 30 pax
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.