Tools you will learn:
- Introduction to comics and the art of sequential storytelling
- Primary objectives of a comic, manga and graphic novel
- Establishing storytelling methodologies
- Achieving end product requirements
- Pacing and charting
- Panel disciplines
- Narrative and dialogue evaluation
- Book publishers who would like to explore sequential storytelling
- Writers who are interested in working within the sequential imaging industry
- Artists who are interested in working within the sequential imaging industry
- Language educators
- Art educators
- Literary agents and representatives
About the trainer: Jerome Hinds
Jerome Hinds, President of the Association of Comic Artists Singapore (ACAS) has spent over 25 years in the design, marketing and advertising industry, working as a Creative Director, Art Director and Chief Copywriter. He has written, directed and designed an award winning 3D animation, and worked with ex-Marvel Comics Editor-in-Chief, Tom DeFalco (Marvel's longest running SpiderMan writer) on a short story of his own Singapore born super heroin creation, Singapore Sling. Jerome is the creator and editor of Singapore's first all-colour USA format comicbook, Get Carter!, and continues to edit and publish much of the Association members’ content.
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.