This workshop is suitable for those who are considering writing their memoirs and want to make it readable and exciting! Learn easy and inspiring techniques and hone your skills in the craft of writing to make memoirs come alive.
*Participants registered for this course will also enjoy a free critique by the trainer for 5-pages of the first chapter of their memoir. This material (5 pages) must be submitted to the trainer by 22 September 2013 before the workshop.
- Understand why a good opening is essential for a memoir
- How to make your characters come alive
- The type of words which make descriptions exciting
- How to use dialogue to give information in an interesting way
- How to create scenes to make your readers see and feel the emotion or action
E-mail submission details:
- Must be 1st Chapter and not the middle or any other chapter.
- Must be no more than 5 pages
- Must be submitted by 22nd Sept 2013
- Critique may either be in written or printed form
- ALAP will provide trainer’s e-mail address to registered participants. Please kindly note that once you have made the e-mail submission, trainer will send an acknowledgement message via e-mail. Please let ALAP know if you do not receive this acknowledgement.
About the Trainer:
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.