Does your copy convince you? Is it vivid and engaging, or are you guilty of using tired adjectives such as "comprehensive" and “essential"? Perhaps you would love to write more exciting copy, but you simply don't have the time to do so, or your colleagues feel that the copy is not "appropriate" for your products. If you can relate to this, join us at this fun workshop and prepare to feel liberated!
You can expect a lively introduction and a mind-changing refresher to copywriting. The course will cover
- Universal principles that really work, whatever you're selling, online or offline
- Why writing copy is totally different from the writing you learned in school
- Writing copy for readers, not 'markets' or products.
- Focusing on the 10-second sell and on calls to action.
- Fewer words, greater impact: being ruthless and taking risks.
- How to get attention, and keep it.
- Writing for different formats: book covers, advance information, catalogues, brochures, sale letters, press releases, websites, emailing, social media, advertisements.
- Short exercises on critiquing examples of copy, and working on real examples brought by participants.
About the Trainer: Rachel Maund
Rachel Maund has over 30 years’ experience of writing copy for publishers, and has been running training workshops on copywriting for 20 years, and on five continents. Her company, Marketability (UK) Ltd, is London-based but works with publishing clients all over the world, specialising in marketing and in training. She works across all publishing sectors, including large and small companies in STM, academic, schools, business/professional, travel, and trade. Clients include John Wiley, OUP, Cambridge University Press, Hachette, HarperCollins, SpringerNature, Taylor & Francis, SAGE Publications, World Scientific, Cengage, Pearson, Bloomsbury, and Bradt Travel Guides.
Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis and workshop fees must be paid before the workshop. If the minimum number of participants is not met for the class, the organisers will inform all participants about possible postponement and cancellation, two weeks before the workshop date.
Cancellation & Substitution
The workshop can be cancelled or postponed two weeks before the workshop date if the minimum number of participants is not met. Participants will be fully refunded for workshops cancelled by us.
Participants who are unable to attend a workshop they have registered for are to inform us of the reason two weeks before the workshop date. They will be fully refunded in the event of extenuating and mitigating circumstances (E.g. illness, bereavement, accidents) . Those who inform us up to five (5) working days before the workshop date will receive a 50% refund. Participants can also attend another course at the same value within the same year.
Upon registration, you are deemed to have read and understood the cancellation, withdrawal and substitution policy and accept the terms contained therein.
Register for “Write Engaging Copy: How To Improve Your Copywriting Skills”